Wednesday, October 29, 2008

morning

This morning is quiet. So quiet that I can hear the seconds ticking by on the clock, and the neighbor's dog walking across the floor upstairs. The skies are grayish and it's freezing cold! A steaming mug of french pressed coffee is on the end table next to me. This is my morning routine on the days that I don't have to be at work before the sun rises. My Bible is on the arm of the couch, and a journal - still unopened. Morning reading and reflection time... this is a habit that I've become lazy about in recent months. I'm working to make it a regular part of my days again, but procrastination is putting up a big fight. So many other things want to take up my time. This time of refelction, however, is needed. It's a centering and balancing force for me. And so, I'm off to refill my coffee and read...

A snippet from my reading: "... the Lord blesses His people with peace." Psalm 29:11

No comments: