Wednesday, July 21, 2010

no progress

I am not making progress... Well, at least not visible. I HAVE been watching portions and trying to eat more nutritiously. It is very slow going. I could easily make excuses but really, what's the point of that? Truth is, my self-control and motivation are extremely lacking. Yes, I have been in a hotel for half of the past two weeks (staying with Husby while he works out of town) and eating snacks all day and going out for dinner isn't exactly conducive to weight control. My wish right now would be for a babysitter a few times a week so I could go work out. Ideally, a neighbor. But alas, I don't know any of them and they all seem kinda kooky. (the joys of apartment dwelling!) I keep wishing for the humidity to go away so I could enjoy being outside, and for the heat warnings to be over so I don't have to worry about Caitlyn getting overheated. What will it take for me to get control of this part of my life?

I'm being a bit dramatic...

2 comments:

musik_okie said...

I'll start praying that you connect with someone who can watch your daughter while you get moving! It will get better when it gets cooler outside. Have you ever joined a MOMS group or a story time at the library? Those are things that I did when my kids were little to connect with women with kids. You might be able to coop childcare with someone with kids so you both could get a break!

garantons said...

you dont even know how many times I wished we were still neighbors! it seems that all my mommy buddies live nowhere near me, its frustrating for sure. i'll be praying for you Liz, and thinking of you often!