Tuesday, August 11, 2009

summer news

The summer is flying by far too quickly. It's been a little but of an adjustment for me, being here - in HOT Oklahoma, but I'm managing. Quite often, spending time outdoors is nearly impossible, but I do enjoy leaving my patio door open some mornings, and I rejoice when the days are mild and not scorching. We've been blessed to be able to take a few little trips... I've been home to Michigan twice! Once in early June for the siblings' graduation parties, and then Ryan and I went last week for our wedding reception. It was a lovely time, and SO wonderful to see friends and family... as a married couple. Also, we were able to go to Houston over the 4th of July weekend and spend time with P.J. and Paulina. They are such a wonderful couple, and growing together so much. I'm very proud of them.

A bit of big, exciting news.... In early June, Ryan and I found out that we are expecting a little one! Our bundle of joy is due to arrive around Valentine's Day. :) My morning sickness (or rather, "all-day sickness") is mostly over now, but I still tire rather easily. We had our first doctor appointment a few weeks ago and were able to hear the heartbeat.... Quite an amazing thing! God is SO creative and amazing.

In the time I've been married to Ryan, I feel as if my eyes have been opened to what God is doing in our lives so much more than I ever took time to notice before. Beginning with Ryan's ankle ordeal and God's provision through all of that, and on to month-by-month, and day-by-day, provisions... I'm amazed. Last fall I was introduced to the song "God of this City", and I have fallen in love with it. At the most random moments, lines run through my head... "For there is no one like our God..." and "Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done - here..." It's such a hopeful song. A reminder of all that God is, all that He always will be, all that He wants to do in each of our lives and in the world... A reminder of the hope that He provides...

You're the light in this darkness
You're the hope to the hopeless
You're the peace to the restless
You are....

You're the strength in our weakness
You're the love to the broken
You're the joy in the sadness
You are...

There is no one like our God....

Greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done...
Here.


He is good, isn't He?

No comments: