Thursday, May 14, 2009

late night

It's nearly midnight, and I am home alone. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and a glass of chardonnay are my company. Ryan has to work through the night, a rarity. It's a reminder of the months we spent apart, and I am SO grateful that those days are over. God has been good to us and blessed us incredibly beyond measure... Thinking about all the things that have happened in the last year make me wonder what He has in store for the future. I'm excited to find out!

Hmmm.... what's new in my world...? Tensions at work seem to have smoothed out. My hours remain high for a week or two more, but I'm pacing myself to make it through with a smile. I get to go home to Michigan in a month for the sibling's graduation parties, and I really can't wait to be there. *grin* I'll get to hang out with the fam, spend some time with my old Starbucks crew, and see Michigan in the beauty of early summer.

We are looking at houses, toying with the idea of buying one before the summer is over. The possibility excites me. I think I would feel one step closer to being a "real"grown up. A house... a yard... a lawn to mow... neighbors and a street... It'll feel so weird after so many years of apartment-dwelling.

Plans are coming together for our receptions. They're going to be ultra-simple and casual, but I hope lots of fun. It'll be great to see so many near and dear people. :) July 11 in Tulsa, and August 1 in Michigan. Save a date for us, and prepare for an afternoon of chips, salsa, dessert, and plenty of laughter. Maybe some pool fun too?

That's all for now folks... 'Night!

1 comment:

Julie Lynn said...

Liz! We can't wait for you to come home and hang with the old sbux crew :) It's unreal how much can happen in a year, and how quickly it can fly by. I am so happy for you and Ryan, and the life that you have built together. Bring back pictures of your place!! I want to see all of the little things you have done to make something as mundane as apartment-dwelling into a real home.