Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Busy-ness

Today dawned cloudy. I was so sleepy that I never heard Husby's alarm go off, and that's super unusual for me! Baby Girl woke around 8am (God answered my prayer for extra sleep!) and I took that as my cue to rise from the dead. (This sinus-infection is really zapping my energy!) There was much to accomplish on this gray, humid day.

We were out the door around 9am. My goal - hit up Walgreens, CVS, and Target before Baby Girl decided she'd had enough of the car seat. I almost made it. She made her protests known as we checked out at Target. By the time we returned home, her wails were reaching a peak... Oh for the day when she will sit in the cart and be amused with a toy!

Since she's been down for a nap, I put groceries away, reorganized the fridge, ate lunch, made brownies (for the coupon swap tonight!) cleaned kitchen, and surfed the net. Now it's about time to leave for my twice-weekly babysitting gig. I will spend 4 hours with 4 kids under age 8, plus Baby Girl. Then I will drive home, drop her off for her daddy to put her to bed, and go to my first ever coupon swap. Yay!!! I'm super-excited to meet the ladies from the forums, and hopefully get some great Q's!

Today's deals:
CVS:
Spent 7.84, received $4 in Extra Care Bucks, saved $10
Got: 2 Colgate Pro-Clinical Toothpastes, 1 Huggies Wipes, & 1 gallon Borden milk

Target:
Spent $11.59, received $5 GC, Saved $17
Bought: 3 jumbo packs Huggies diapers

Target:
(I'll post the awesome deals, and not my whole grocery trip... it wasn't all on sale or a deal, but some things you just need...)
2 Classico alfredo sauces, 2 44oz red pasta sauces, 1lb. ground beef - $2.77+tax!
2 Off! clip on repellent - $3+tax
Chocolate Silk 1/2 gal. - .69!
2pk Up&Up mouthwash - 2.48(less than the price of one regularly!)
and other goodies....

Time is short, I must go!

2 comments:

Candi said...

Oh the fun! :) I'm just getting the real hang of the couponing thing and it's so much fun when you make a game of it. And seriously, so many other things I would like to spend money on besides groceries and household necessities so the savings come in handy!! :)

I hope you had fun at the coupon swap!

juji said...

i like reading about you siss