Monday, September 27, 2010

finally

This post was going to start with me sharing about how I have made another resolution to blog regularly. However, knowing that I've said that innumerable times in the past and not really stuck with it, I don't think I will say that. I'll just think it, and we'll see what happens.

Newflash: my many resolutions to exercise more are finally sticking. I have walked a mile and a half at least 5xs a week for the past month and now I'm adding in a separate cardio workout 3xs a week (or more!). Baby Girl loves our walks. She sits up in her stroller and chatters at passing trees, the neighborhood dogs, and birds that fly by. The cardio I fit in at naptime. I'm not dreading my workouts as much as I thought I would. In fact, I would even dare to say that I enjoy them. How shocking is THAT? Maybe partly due to the cooler weather, maybe it's more than that. I'm mainly using the Turbo Jam dvds, with a little Pilates here and there for variety. I will say that if you happened to catch sight of me doing TurboJam, you'd probably be quite entertained... my moves aren't quite as smooth as the people on the video. ;) Also, when Husby's schedule gets him home early enough, he and I will go for a run with Baby Girl in the stroller. It's SO incredibly helpful to have someone to work out with! He and I have set a goal to each lose at least 20lbs. by Christmas. I'm starting to get really excited about getting back to where I was 2 years ago... Three cheers for liking how you look and not having to worry about fitting into things! There's one particular little black dress I have that I never got to wear (thank you lost luggage!) that I'll wear on a snazzy date with my man. Maybe I'll fit into it by our 2nd anniversary in January. How awesome would that be?!?!

No comments: