Monday, January 10, 2011

snow day

I woke up to a dusting of snow covering the outside world. Flurries are supposed to continue all day. Not exactly the huge snowstorm I was hoping for, but it's enough to help me feel like it's really winter. Can't take the Michigan out of the girl... I have no plans to go anywhere today, so I'll stay in my cozy little home and watch the snow fall as I clean the bathroom (ugh), plan the rest of my week, and start a photo project that's long overdue. I'll add some hot beverages... tea or cocoa or coffee (trying to cut back on the coffee!!) and the day should be quite lovely.

We've discovered the wonderful world of Skype, thanks to a webcam Christmas gift from my sister. It's been a blast to have visual conversations with family and friends.

My mom told me the other day that I should start an advice column of sorts or be a lifecoach via skype. The idea kind of made me laugh. Then it made me think... how do you even get started in something like that if you're not professionally trained? Not that I'm terribly interested, but it does intrigue me a little. I guess I've become the default advice-giver for my family. Someone have a problem? Ask Sis, she'll know. It's funny... All I really do is listen.

And the best part of today? It's our two-year anniversary. Incredible, isn't it.... the speed at which life travels? Two years ago, I married the man of my dreams, who also happens to be my very best friend. It's been pretty much blissful. *grin* He took two days off last week, and we spent a lovely FOUR DAY WEEKEND together. We didn't go anywhere spectacular, but instead took a staycation.... SO nice! It was relaxful and fun and I spent the better part of my days grinning and acting like a teenager in love. I would like to order another month of staycation, please! Two years and a baby later, and I fall more in love each day. Here's to a hundred more anniversaries!

1 comment:

Barbie said...

I loved reading your "snow day"... :)
The only problem was...it ended!...:)