Thursday, June 17, 2010

hope deferred

Yesterday, the sky opened and a sunbeam illuminated a glimmer of hope, just beyond the horizon. Joy built as we envisioned and planned for the relief it would bring. Today, we reached the destination only to discover that it had all been an illusion. And now we are once again left asking why. Trying not to doubt. Feeling tricked. Begging for rest.

I was putting Baby Girl down for a nap this morning, and the simple words of the song I was singing hit me like a load of bricks. "Jesus loves me, this I know..." Jesus loves me. He loves me. That is somewhat of a comfort as I struggle to come to terms (again!) with the fact that this road is still an uphill battle.

Jesus loves me. I will be held when things go wrong. Not forsaken. He is and always will be there, along for the journey and waiting for me at the end.

1 comment:

Candi said...

I happened by and read your last three posts. I relate to SO many of the emotions you share, Liz. It does become so tedious when that hope seems deferred over and over again, and it does seem to "make the heart sick" like the Bible says.

For what it's worth, know that we're praying for you guys and understanding some of those struggles. Sometimes all we can do is take it one day at a time.

Hugs and prayers.