Wednesday, June 30, 2010

timing & provision

Sad news: my faithful little laptop is starting to spaz out. A few weeks ago, it fell off the coffee table and crashed the hard drive. Nothing major was lost... just some pictures (the best of which are already on facebook), random journaling, and my internet bookmarks. All non-earth-shattering. This weekend, the screen started blacking out. This problem is QUITE earth-shattering, at least to me. Sad as it may be to some, the computer and internet are my lifeline to my family and friends - most of which are scattered far across the country. The weekend was ok, because Husby was home and I could use his work laptop. However, the coming week loomed ominously ahead... it looked bleak as I tried to imagine a several days without a computer. I could do it. It would just be a HUGE adjustment.

But guess what? God has impeccable timing, often when we least expect it. There was no budget for a computer repair, and definitely not for a new one. And just when I thought I was going to have a horribly long and lonely week, a friend offered me a monitor to hook up to my spazzy computer. How cool is that!? All I have to do is go pick it up! And then yesterday, after going all day long thinking my comp was unuseable, I decided to try turning it on. AND IT WORKED. Mind you, the screen was all kinds of flickering, making me think it'd black out any second, but it WORKED. I still have the monitor as a backup plan, but for now, I'm back in business.

Yes, I'm being somewhat dramatic about it, but I honestly felt that way. But.... The whole ordeal (small to some, but huge to me), along with some other recent happenings in our life got me thinking about God's provision. It's always perfectly timed and never lacking. When it's God providing, you can FEEL it. Several times over the weekend, I saw God provide in small ways, but though "small", they renewed my hope and my energy to hope. The computer monitor, when my world looked hopelessly confined. Unexpected baby and household items from a new friend. And something in the works that may help our debt-payment-adventure go from slow to high speed! It's exciting!!!! I feel like I've been given a big hug from God and can't wait to see what else He is going to do...

2 comments:

Jaime Weis said...

Love it. It's so true about God's provision. Even though it would be nice if computers just didn't break at ALL (or in the case of a certain Weis family, washing machines), God is never late...or early. Praise God.

Candi said...

*LIKE*

And it doesn't sound silly or dramatic to me at all, Liz. You are virtually without any of your family and they're quite a long distance. I'm sure they want to be able to be in touch with you, too! I'm so glad for you that God showed Himself able to care for even the seemingly minor desires of your heart.